How I miss you by L. A. Keller



On New Year's Eve, we lost a beloved member of our family, a four-legged one. If you love animals the way we do, the loss, especially when unexpected, can be devastating. Royal was a standard poodle only three years old when his stomach twisted and he could not be saved.  He left behind his sister, Gracie who had never been separated from him.

After a difficult 2018, with the loss of a step parent after months of illness, I believe the dog's sudden departure was the last straw for our grief.

I apologize to any poets who read this - it's not my forte but it felt like the best way to express my thoughts.

I looked for you in the yard.
I waited by the door for you.
I searched for you on every level.
In your bed.
In my bed.
All that remains is the scent of you.
I'm exhausted by the missing.

My world tilted and the shattered pieces of my heart washed out to sea.
In the blink of an eye you left me.
Without warning.
I wasn't ready.
No! No! No!
I cannot say goodbye.

I taste the unanswered questions on my tongue.
Too many whys and no reasons.
My bones incapable of supporting the weight of my grief.
You needed me.
I needed you more.

Happy Trails,

Leslie


Twitter     Instagram     Facebook     Menu for Murder     Cocktails at Sunset

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller