Cattle Drive by L. A. Keller







Six years ago, Raymond and I took a long weekend and spent it on a working cattle ranch.  He fished, we shot guns (at targets only), we drove cattle and enjoyed the getaway. I'm sad to say I haven't been on horseback since. I miss it. 

There is a special relationship between a horse and rider. That relationship extends beyond the time you are in the saddle. In fact, it begins the moment you meet. Horses are intelligent and sensitive to our moods, our voice, the weight in the saddle and they can respond to the lightest touch.

Perhaps I'm feeling nostalgic as I've just read two books about girls and horses and the art of Dressage. To be a good rider you must spend hours in and out of the saddle. To be great, you are either born with a natural talent or you spend your life working at it - the same as any sport.

If you ever have the opportunity to watch Dressage in person or on television, I hope you take it and understand the level of expertise needed by both rider and horse to accomplish the moves and make them appear easy.

Happy Trails,

Leslie


Twitter     Instagram     Facebook     Menu for Murder     Cocktails at Sunset

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller