Jayne's Restaurant Review - North Italia by L. A. Keller

Just before the holidays, I popped into North Italia at Kierland Commons in Scottsdale for dinner. As Christmas was only days away I expected a wait but the shopping area wasn't busy, nor were the restaurants. It seems that online shopping may be the death of the retail stores which, in turn, impacts the restaurants that serve those shops.  At any rate, I was happy to be able to grab a seat at the bar with my friend.

North is a small restaurant with outside patio seating and limited space inside. It is one of the Fox Restaurant concepts and has been in Kierland for as long as the shopping center has existed. Over the years, I've dined here but honestly have never felt it was a top choice. Although the food is consistent and good, there is nothing exceptional about it. I don't obsess over any aspect of the meals I've eaten, which says volumes for someone who normally will dream about a great meal for weeks afterwards.

Both myself and my friend ordered the same meal - chicken parmesan served with a side of pasta. We split a Caesar salad and skipped dessert. The chicken was moist and the pasta perfectly cooked but it wasn't yummy. I'm not sure what this restaurant is missing but there is no 'wow' factor. My homemade chicken parmesan with a jar of sauce that I add herbs to is better.

Prices are reasonable but the wine can be expensive for what you are getting. My guess would be they mark up the wine to offset the food. It's a fun place to people watch as Kierland hosts a variety of events year round and you have a nice mix of locals and tourists.  Overall, there are better Italian restaurants in the Valley to choose from so I'll skip North in the future.


North Italia

Remember to always drink responsibly and tip your bartender and servers.

Happy Dining,

Jayne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller