Jayne's Restaurant Review - Zuzu at Hotel Valley Ho

I recently forced myself to enjoy a spa day with my girlfriends. Okay, I admit there wasn't any coaxing involved - who doesn't want a day of pampering at a fantastic price with your favorite friends?

We started out having breakfast at Zuzu, which is located inside the lobby at the Hotel Valley Ho.  I saved up my calorie count in order to eat whatever I wanted and looked forward to indulging my sweet tooth on the homemade cinnamon roll.

This is the second year that I've spent a Sunday morning at the restaurant prior to a spa treatment. The restaurant is relatively small and has a nice view of the patio. The menu has a variety of breakfast and lunch items. Both times I was very disappointed in the service. We waited for coffee, then waited for the cream and then waited some more for refills. The food didn't come out together which is a huge no-no for a party of six.

The food was good but not great. I've had better meals at Mimi's or even IHOP.  The cinnamon roll was a waste of calories. It should have been warm and gooey but, despite looking yummy, it was dry and needed a side of ice cream to get it down. Sadly, I didn't know that or I would have ordered the ice cream!  Beside the roll, I had the stuffed french toast which seemed to have be shorted on the lemon cream cheese.

I'm sorry to say I will absolutely enjoy a spa day at the hotel in the future but I've given the restaurant two chances and both times it has failed.




Remember to tip your servers and bartenders and always drink responsibly.

Happy Dining,

Jayne

Visit Leslie's website


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller