Book Review - House Trained by Jackie Bouchard

This book is not a cozy mystery. I would categorize it as women's fiction and it's the second book I've read by this author. I must admit, reading this one was an accident as I had forgotten the prior book, which I didn't like as much as this one.

Alex Halstad is an interior designer whose business is on the verge of collapse. She's used the savings and maxed out credit cards, without letting her husband, Barry know how bad things are. When a teenage mom shows up on their doorstep, the daughter her husband never knew he had, their lives change.

Alex didn't want children and prefers the company of her dog over her sister's children. When Barry's daughter, Jade enters their lives with her young daughter in tow, Alex's perfectly designed house and potential clients become the subject of the new granddaughter's curious mind.  When the ex-wife comes along to try to reconnect with Jade, things become even more complicated.

This was an enjoyable read. It was easy to see how Alex's character evolved into a better person and became more likable.

I would recommend this book over her other one, Rescue Me, Maybe.



Happy Trails,

Leslie

Visit my website:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller