Book Review - Rosemary's Gravy (A We Sisters Three Mystery Book 1) by Melissa F. Miller

This is a cozy mystery and is the first book in a series.

Rosemary Field and her two sisters (Thyme and Sage) have all had to give up their happy lives and work at whatever jobs they can to save their parent's resort. It seems their hippy parents have abandoned them with a sizable amount of debt and the girls are determined to pay it off and save the family home.

We meet Rosemary as she is preparing meals for a celebrity. The celebrity dies that night of an allergic reaction and Rosemary is accused of the deed.  Now, she must solve the crime in order to clear her name.

First, I will say that I enjoyed the book. It was an entertaining read but (and I have include the 'but'), the editing was poorly done. Throughout the book, I felt compelled to highlight the errors which is distracting.

The other part of the story which bothered me was the fact that Rosemary had no real qualifications to land the job as a celebrity chef. I need my characters to get to where they are going in a realistic fashion. The romantic entanglements between her and the detective should have taken longer to establish. I've worked with police officers and they don't fall in love at first sight with a potential murderer.

Lastly, if the three girls had a resort to run, they would not have been living in different states working other jobs. Even with the best of help, that is a business which needs hands on attention so I feel the author should have had a better understanding of hotel management before making it an essential element of the book.

Happy Trails,

Leslie

Visit my website:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller