An Interview with Trent Hayworth from Menu for Murder

This is an excerpt from an interview held with Trent Hayworth after the death of the mayor of Cave Creek, Arizona.

Reporter:  Mr. Hayworth, after mayor McArthur was murdered, rumors suggested you may have been a suspect.

Trent:  That's preposterous.

Reporter:  Can you describe your relationship with the mayor?

Trent:  We had a working relationship. The mayor was helping to raise funds for the women's shelter.

Reporter:  I have a source who alleges there was an audit of the books and funds were missing.

Trent:  I have never been charged with any wrongdoing.

Reporter:  I didn't suggest you were responsible for the shortages, only that they existed.

Trent:  The women's shelter will be completed as soon as we get the final permits. All funds are accounted for.

Reporter:  There are other allegations that you may have been involved in a prostitution ring.

Trent:  I'm a good family man! I have a wife and kids. Are you trying to destroy my reputation and my life?

Reporter:  I'm just trying to give you an opportunity to put the rumors to rest.

Trent:  There is no proof that I have hired young men for sex.

Reporter:  What?

Hmm, sounds like Trent may be saying too much. If you want to full scoop you'll have to read Menu for Murder.

Happy Trails,

Leslie

Visit my website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller