Jayne's Restaurant Review - White Chocolate Grill

I recently dined at this restaurant for the first time in years. I remembered it being a high quality establishment, good service and very similar to Houston's. I was disappointed.  The service was okay but the food was not up to the previous quality.

My friend and I both ordered the Chicken Madeira - billed as grilled chicken in a savory mushroom sauce. I would almost swear the sauce came from a jar. It was thick and congealed and missed any hint of Madeira wine or any other flavor. The chicken breast was dry and also flavorless. Another of my party ordered the Chicken Enchiladas which she thought were good but not great.

We ordered dessert, since it was a birthday celebration and had the French White Chocolate Bread Pudding and the Freshly Baked Apple Pie. These were both a hit. It was worth coming to the restaurant for the work of this pastry chef but not for the rest of the menu.

I'm sad that the food quality on this occasion had deteriorated so much that I wouldn't try this location again. Scottsdale and Phoenix Metro have so many wonderful dining options that the competition is tough and you have to be consistent to keep the locals coming back. This place has dropped the ball.

I would give it two forks out of five.

Remember to tip your bartender and server and always drink responsibly,

Happy Dining,

Jayne

Visit Leslie's website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller