Book Review - Three Silver Doves by Deborah Garner

I would categorize this book as a cozy mystery. It's the first book I've read by this author and I enjoyed it. The story seemed slow at times but moved along well enough to keep me interested but never on the edge of my seat. This book is part of the Paige Mackenzie series.

Paige is a writer for a travel magazine out of New York City. This was not the first book in the series so I felt a little lost about her romantic relationship but the author provided enough information that I could determine it was recent.  Paige travels to New Mexico to write a story about a resort that has hot springs.  The resort appears to be located on reservation land and there are some references to native American culture and artistry. 

On her first night at the resort she hears a sound coming from the back of the spa and goes out to investigate. Having traveled by myself on many occasions, I would never venture out of my room in the darkness to check out a strange sound. There is no resort that would make me that brave. However, it seems Paige might have a knack for inserting herself into troublesome situations.

I enjoyed the character, but would prefer that she is put in more believable situations. At someone who was not familiar with the Native American culture, nor the people of this area, she was welcomed into their environment more quickly that I think was realistic. As an Arizona resident for more than twenty years, I don't think an outsider would have the access she was given.

I would probably go back and try the first book in the series to see how Paige's character developed into what I found in this book.

Happy Trails,

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller