Book Review - The Ladies Room by Carolyn Brown

We meet Trudy when she's at her Aunt Gert's funeral and desperate to use the ladies room. Once in the stall, her two cousins slip in (late for the funeral) and their conversation is the impetus which changes Trudy's life forever.  Her happy marriage and family life are flushed, figuratively, right down the toilet.

Later, when she inherits her aunt's home, it is the opportunity for her to change her life for the better. She leaves behind the marriage and the bratty grown daughter and starts on a project to renovate the old house. Fortunately, it turns out that her aunt was wealthy and paid the hunky neighbor to do some of the work.  It seems the plan was always to push Trudy into the right direction.

This was a sweet story that kept my attention throughout. It was funny and made you root for Trudy to figure out what she really wanted and needed. 

I never like to give away too much of the story in my reviews so I'll stop here before you figure it all out.  I will definitely read more from this author, even though this story bordered on romance. It was a great weekend by the beach or rainy day read and I hope her other books are as enjoyable.



Happy Trails,

Leslie

Visit my website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller