Jayne's Restaurant Review - Bonefish Grill

The Phoenix area just opened a Bonefish restaurant. I'd eaten at this place a few years ago in Virginia and remembered that it was good. I've been to the new one in Phoenix twice already and I think I'm addicted.

The restaurant is relatively small and took the place of what was a hamburger themed restaurant for years.  The interior is nice with a great bar area with booth seating and a covered patio for outside dining (before the heat kicks in).

On my first trip I dined with a few girlfriends on the patio and enjoyed wine and appetizers. The macaroni and cheese balls were good but not great. I had a salad which was slightly heavy on the garlic but also good.

My second trip I had the Lobster tail special - OH WOW! For the price of $19.99 you select a house or Caesar salad, have the Lobster tail with delightfully crispy Yukon gold potatoes and the sugar snap peas. I substituted green beans and they were perfectly cooked. Included in this Prix Fixe menu are three sizable donut holes for dessert, served with chocolate, caramel and whipped cream dipping sauces. Unfortunately I felt good manners expected me to share them but I really could have easily eaten them all and licked the plate clean.

My only complaint has been the service is lacking. Both times my server seemed inexperienced and was slow to ask me if I wanted another glass of wine and then slow to bring it. Both times my order wasn't correct. Despite that the problems were corrected and I will absolutely go back.

If you can make it here before the Lobster tail special runs out - do it.

Happy dining,

Jayne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller