Book Review - Flirting with Felicity by Gerri Russell

Flirting with Felicity by Gerri Russell is the first book I've read by this author. I was drawn to this book as the story is centered around a young woman who inherits a hotel and the restaurant, which is where her passion lies as its head chef. Also because it had almost two thousand 3.5 star reviews on Amazon.

When the prior owner's grandson, Blake Bancroft, shows up to contest her right to ownership they commence upon a contest to see who can convince the other to give up and deed the hotel to the other.

This book is a romance and I might have enjoyed it except that my restaurant knowledge kept getting in the way. I can't help it. I'm a stickler for the facts when it comes to the restaurant business. It was obvious to me that the author never had to work in one or she would have known the plot wouldn't work. I suppose if you only focus on the romance aspect it was a good story but, darn it - no head chef I've ever met (and I've met quite a few) especially in a hotel restaurant would behave the way Felicity does.

Running a restaurant work requires long hours, menu planning, prepping, ordering supplies and planning to serve hotel guests. Perhaps I missed the part in the book where there was another restaurant that did the grunt work of hotel dining. The other part, albeit minor was that she was in no way prepared to run a hotel. As a chef, what does she know about the hotel business?  Okay, so off my soapbox.

It was a pleasant story, with some steamy sex scenes and a happy ending. I might be tempted to read something else by this author as long as she stays out of the kitchen!

Happy trails,

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller