Southwest Writer's Conference

I recently attended the Southwest Writer's Conference in Arizona for a day of learning and motivation.  I was sorely in need of the motivation, as lately it's become more and more difficult for me to commit myself to doing what I love to do.

When I write those words it shocks me.  If I love writing as much as I believe that I do, why then is it so hard for me to find the time to do it?  I don't enjoy going to the gym - okay I actually dislike it greatly - but I do it more regularly lately than I write.  It doesn't make me feel good about myself to admit that, but it's the truth.

As I left a very enjoyable conference I had mixed emotions.  Part of me was thrilled that I had spoken with a local publisher and received some excellent advice about the Jayne Stanford series.  The other part of me was disappointed that so many days slip by me like the second hand on a clock.  Seconds lost that I cannot recover.

I can easily excuse some of my lost time due to work obligation,s which have been extremely demanding of late, and my desire to have a relationship with my partner, family and friends.  However, if I am truly serious about seeing my dream through to fruition then it's time to stop making those excuses and convert my dream of writing full time to a reality.

With yet another business trip coming up at the end of this week and then the holidays, I hope I don't disappoint myself.

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller