Being Thankful

On this week of Thanksgiving, when we are already being bombarded with Holiday decorations, gift ideas and movies, it is sometimes hard to live in the moment and celebrate the holiday that is next.  I admit that my mind is already off in gift shopping land and I'm thinking about my trip home to visit my folks. 

Despite jumping ahead to the next holiday, I am excited to celebrate this year with a small dinner on Thanksgiving with a few of my friends.  I lay in bed a few nights ago, thinking about how much I have to be thankful for due to having them all in my life.  They enrich my experiences constantly and I'm very  grateful each one of them wandered in - whether because they were walking in the 60 mile walk with me or playing Bunco or by some other happenstance.  I've been truly blessed through the years to be able to celebrate each and every day with these wonderful people.

And although some of them don't know I,t they provide me with inspiration and story ideas for my short stories and for my Jayne Stanford series.  Their lives are not only intertwined with mine but with my characters as well.

So it is to them I say thank you for your unwavering support and to all I wish you many reasons to be thankful this week.

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller