Finding the perfect editor or how to stand up to your fear

One thing that I have avoided is sending my word to an editor.  I know that I'm motivated by fear that an editor may find so many faults with the work that I would be heart broken.  I hope that the reality is that it's mostly grammatical errors which need correcting and not the entire storyline.

Everyone knows that you need another set of eyes to review your work.  A professional set of eyes who can catch the obvious and not so obvious flaws is a necessity in order to show the work in it's best light.  So my question is - what is more important, my fear of someone finding the flaws or the fear of not finding them?  If I want to be published, which of course I do, then I must overcome this fear and move forward.

What things in your life have you not done because fear has held you back?  Start that diet, climb that mountain, quit a job that you hate and try for something that fulfills you?  I will admit to frequent episodes of clucking (yes, I can be a very big chicken).

Despite my feathers being ruffled at the very thought of an editor critiquing my work, my dreams are stronger.  So I will "suck it up", take the leap off the cliff and swallow my pride and find someone who can ultimately help make my dreams come true.  Almost sounds like the plot for a Disney movie!

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller