Vacation a time to .....

I can't believe my last post was on September 5th and it's now the 27th.  I have no idea what happened to this month except that I was in vacation mode for the last three weeks, even if my actual vacation didn't last that long.  So now that I'm back and trying to get myself motivated again I have to wonder what is a vacation really for.

This is the first time in a very long time that I had a structured vacation.  Seven nights on a cruise ship, traveling to Europe and back, shore excursions every day and no time to rest.  Did I enjoy myself - yes.  Would I do it again - never.  Is this how a person should vacation from work and the stress of daily life?  For me it may have been more stressful to try to do everything that was scheduled.  My usual vacation involves some time at the beach doing absolutely nothing.  Okay the truth is there might be one or two margaritas too.

Silly me actually thought I might do a little writing at some point in this trip.  However with barely time to shower before moving on to the next activity I didn't write a sentence let alone finish the short story I started before I left town.  Now that I'm in the vacation recovery mode it's hard to get myself to focus and be productive.  I wonder if a vacation is measured by the amount of time you need to regroup afterwards or if that represents a loss of focus in itself.  If I still cannot settle back into my normal routine maybe it was a better vacation than I realize!

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller