Three Loves & a Wedding

In my last post I wrote about trying to find my inspiration for a short story in the Romance genre.  I used my real life experiences of late and molded those into a storyline.  I'm halfway through the manuscript and I'm excited to find out where my protagonist will wind up.  Nice when it's even a surprise to the author!

So here is a brief excerpt from the early draft.  I hope you like it.


Three Loves and a Wedding

 

            The invitation arrived in Monday morning’s mail, peeking out from beneath a handful of bills and stuck to the back of a sale flyer.  Her hands trembled as she sliced open the verbena colored envelope and the soft scent of lavender wafted over her, alluding to the romantic content tucked within.  Devon slid the card out and holding her breath she read the content.

Trisha and Spencer

joyfully invite you to attend the celebration

of our wedding and the beginning of marital bliss.

Despite the fact that she had known this was coming, because Trisha had chronicled their romance for the last six months on a social media site, the pain still gripped her chest like the talons of a hawk clenching his prey.  Spencer was getting married to the wrong woman.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller