Time Management

I just realized I never published this post so here it is better late than never I suppose.

I'm getting ready to take a vacation, yes another trip when it seems like I just returned from Las Vegas.  That trip was only a long weekend and I've told myself it doesn't count as a real vacation.  This one I'll be out of commission for ten long, luxurious, sight-seeing filled, food and drink overdose crammed days.  Yahoo!

With the above on my mind, and my mind already two steps away from checking out, I'm trying to wrap up some work and contemplating just how to get it all done in time. I never like to leave things until the last minute, in fact my bags are almost completely packed and I have still over a week to go before I enter fantasy vacation mode. 

With so much jammed into my head about my trip, how can I focus on what is really important at the moment, such as completing the short story I need to submit before I leave town?  I still have to wrap up the submission of Menu for Murder to the last few agents on my list and there are at least two organizations which I've been meaning to join.

Time Management, what does that really mean?  Do we really ever learn how to manage our time or do we just try to force more work into the same number of hours in a day?  I believe I'm of the second variety - I just keep trying to get up earlier and work later to get everything done on my never ending list.  That's not to say that I think of writing as a chore but there are moments when my brain becomes divided between what it perceives as the most enjoyable exercise at the time.  Sadly some times the options are do nothing and do more of nothing.

Leslie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller