Old Flames & New Ones

Lately I've been thinking about past loves.  I use the term "loves" loosely because I'm not sure I was really in love with any of them but maybe at the time I was infatuated.  At any rate, I've been thinking about them because apparently they've been thinking of me. 

In the last few months I've been contacted by three men I dated in the past.  The first came as a voice mail message while I was out of the country.  Thankfully, I missed that call because I'm not sure how I would have responded.  It gave me a chuckle and I had to listen to it about ten times to be sure I didn't imagine it.  The second came as a birthday wish electronically from a guy I dated more than ten years ago.  The third I received just today via Facebook from someone which I had a sort of dating, sort of just friends relationship.

Lastly my long time friend is getting married this weekend.  Her third and his second marriage but I hope it's the last for both of them

I bring this up because I've been wracking my brain for a topic for a short story in the romance genre.  This genre is more daunting to me because I have a hard time making it believable without skipping from romance right into erotica.  Now that I have some real life material to work with I hope to create a short story which will captivate my reader and maybe make me switch my first love from mystery to romance.

I'll post an excerpt here when it's ready for prime time.

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller