Something to write home about

Today I will admit to a brain null of any useful thoughts except how soon do we leave for Las Vegas. 

Car is partially packed - road trip snacks will go in tomorrow in the early morning hours.  Several (let's not say more than that) pairs of shoes are crammed into the overnight bag along with enough outfits to give me options.  Lastly I threw in my iPad because despite email access via my phone I have developed an irrational fear of being without internet access for more than two hours.  What would happen if I needed to blog about something important that happened or I get a great idea for the next manuscript or changes to Menu for Murder? 

The logical side of my brain scoffs at these thoughts because I'm relatively sure that once I hit Vegas I won't be thinking about much more than lounging by the pool, dropping a few coins in a slot machine and deciding which shows to see.  But you never know when the urge to write may hit you and even though the iPad is not set up for actual writing, I can at the very least jot down notes to review later - much later when I am back home and exhausted from the weekend's fun and sun.

Even though they love to say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas - it might just make it to my next novel.

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller