Writer conferences - worth the cost?

When I first started the writing process as a "serious" author I wasn't aware of the vast resources available to me.  I took some college courses in writing and attended a few seminars.  They were a great place to get me started and I learned some valuable skills.

As one website led to another I discovered the world of writer conferences. If you look there is probably a conference opportunity a month.  Some are small and attended by only a few writers and agents but others, well those are the ones that may cost significantly more to attend but make it well worth your time.

You'll have the expense of travel to the city where the conference is held, the hotel room and at least a few meals that aren't included in the registration.  And maybe some add on costs for extra pitch sessions with agents or special functions or seminars.  My advise - get out the credit card or do whatever it takes but go to at least one of these conferences a year.  The benefits far out weigh the costs.  I gained more in two days in my first conference than I did in several seminars.  It's the place to meet with other writers and glean what they have learned from dozens of other sources.  It's time and money very well invested in your future.

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller