My biggest challenge

My biggest challenge lately has been setting aside time to write.  Alright I'm lying.  My biggest challenge lately has been how to break my sugar addiction.  I was serious when I made the commitment to not buy anymore candy or chocolate or sugar laden foods but truth is I haven't been very successful.

I love sugar but not in every form.  For example, I won't drink sweet iced tea despite having lived much of my life in Virginia.  I don't like dark chocolate - it's too healthy and way too bitter to be enjoyable.  But my favorite addiction is milk chocolate covered raisins.  They are chocolate and chewy and could pass for health food.  I can eat them until I'm ill but I love every second of it.

I'm afraid if I can never eat another bite of chocolate I will simply dream about it and probably gain more weight than if I actually eat it.  And, I rationalize by telling myself that life is way too short not to eat chocolate.

You may wonder why I picked this as a topic when my main focus has really been about writing.  My excuse is that I'm down to my last two chocolate miniature candy bars and my last two caramels.  There are a few homemade turtles that I made for my boyfriend still left in the freezer and maybe a double stuff Oreo cookie but after that I'll be left with having to eat an apple.  How can I possibly expect my brain to function when I am only a few bites short of a major catastrophe? 

I know tomorrow will be here soon and I probably need to run to the store to pick up some salad mix and, yes more apples.  How can I prevent myself from restocking the junk? 

You might think the workouts I subject my poor body to would be enough motivation to avoid the sugar but it seems to have the opposite effect.  If I subject myself to an excruciating workout then I am allowed to eat more chocolate.  Makes perfect sense, right?

I am serious about lessening my sugar intake and we'll see how this works out since this is my birthday weekend and I just remembered I have a chocolate cake mix waiting to be made in the pantry.

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller