What Makes a Cowboy by L. A. Keller




I love many things - the purple hues of an Arizona sunset, the purr of my rescue kitties, an elegant meal with a fabulous glass of wine, time with family and friends and, of course - cowboys. TI wondered what makes a person a cowboy.

If you've read my posts, you know that I use the term Cowboy to represent either the male or female version. Cowgirls work just as hard as their male counterparts.  For the purposes of this discussion I'm going to focus on the male version.

There are movie and television cowboys, rodeo cowboys and cowboys who've never ridden a horse or wrangled a cow (which may be the same as movie and t.v. cowboys). I suppose it's not so much if the man is a real cowboy or if he simply represents the idea.

For my women readers, what does your ideal man look like? Does he have a hint of a beard on his face, dark penetrating eyes, unruly hair? Is he strong enough to lift a baby calf and carry it in his arms back to its mother? Would he take on a gang of hoodlums in order to protect his woman? Is he willing to drive across the miles in a blizzard to get to you?  These are the traits of a hero. Whether he be wearing a cowboy hat, boots and chaps (oh my!) or a business suit - if he embodies these characteristics he may be your cowboy.

I like to add a bit more criteria to the list. Would he cry if his dog/cat/bird/snake died? Would he call his mother/sister/daughter regularly just to check on her?  Will he sit through a chick flick just to make his lady happy? Does he do the laundry, vacuum, wash the dishes all the time, not just on your birthday? If the answer to these questions is yes, then you may have a cowboy.  Call him by any name that fits your ideal. I'll stick with cowboy!

I felt compelled to include a sexy photo to help you imagine your version.



Happy Trails,
Leslie




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller