What's on the Page by L. A. Keller

Here's this month's What's on the Page segment to keep you in the loop about all the happenings.

September closed out with the Desert Sleuths Chapter of Sisters in Crime with their Write Now conference.  The day was packed with amazing speakers and the ultimate surprise that I won first place in the Best First Line contest.  Honestly, I forgot I had even submitted the first sentence of No Reservations (third book in the series).  It's the first time I have ever submitted my work in a contest and definitely won't be the last.

Also released to coincide with the conference was the compilation Recipes to Kill For in which I have two recipes and writing tips.  I am thrilled with the cover art and I'm sampling all of the other recipes.  I only have a limited number of copies for sale and only in paperback. I hope to have some left for my next book event.

My books were accepted by the Phoenix Library and I was invited to participate in the Local Author Fair in early November. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend due to a schedule conflict.  Maybe next year!

As if I didn't have enough to keep me busy, I began teaching a creative writing class to seniors in Glendale, Arizona.  I am honored to be able to share what I've learned through years of courses, conferences, workshops and experience.  There are some fabulous writers who you've never read just around the corner.

In between, I try to attend as many of the monthly meetings of the writing groups to which I belong.  This isn't always possible with my schedule but these groups give me a way to recharge my writing and my goals.

With only two months left in the year, there is much writing to do. My goal is to complete the third book and have it edited before December ends - guess I better get busy.


Happy Trails,
Leslie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller