Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller





I was meeting friends for dinner and wanted to select a place I've never been.  My friend suggested Fabio on Fire in Peoria, Arizona. When I viewed the website, I thought it looked like a casual pizza joint. I was partially right in that it was small and casual but I was wrong about it being just a pizza place. I am officially obsessed!  

Located in a small strip shopping area the outside may not impress you but the food definitely will. I dined right before they closed for Labor Day weekend to expand to a larger space in the same location. I can't wait to return to see the changes and to sample more of the amazing food.  

There were six adults and a child for dinner. We started with the Caprese and Charcuterie with prosciutto and delicious cheeses. I could have dined exclusively on these starters but we moved on to the lamb chop special, butternut squash ravioli, gnocchi and short rib ravioli.  Each dish was presented well and impeccably prepared. I've heard their wood fired pizza is delicious so it's on my list for a future visit.

The prices were reasonable and the service impeccable. I don't recall our server's name but he was funny and attentive. He even shared a video of his eighty plus year old mother dancing.  

They don't take reservations but you can call ahead and place your name on the wait-list, which I would recommend, because even with the expansion, space is limited for this gem. I almost didn't post this review so I could keep this place a secret but I'm compelled to share. Don't expect me to share the short rib ravioli - you might lose a finger!



Fabio on Fire

Remember to always drink responsibly and tip your bartender and servers.

Happy Trails,

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller