Book Review - Hazardous Duty: Squeaky Clean Mysteries, Book 1: An Amateur sleuth by Christy Barritt

This was a cute cozy mystery with likable characters. The story centers around Gabby, who owns a business cleaning up crime scenes. She really wants to finish her college degree and become a forensic scientist but obligations to her father and to rent prevent her from doing that.

Gabby becomes embroiled in a crime when she discovers a gun left at a crime scene and then is almost killed when the house is set on fire. Her employee is accused of the crime but fortunately for Gabby she gets some help solving the mystery from her friends and possible love interests

I enjoyed this book, which was the first in the series. My only hesitation is that I felt the author included a bit too much religion in the story for my personal taste. I don't like to mix murder with religion and felt that the theme took away from the story line.

Christy has written a number of books, which all have received good reviews on Amazon. I would probably try another of her books to see if I enjoyed it more but I would recommend this one as a light and enjoyable read.

Happy Trails,

Leslie



Visit my website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller