Jayne's Restaurant Review - Spiga Cucina Italiana

As it was my friend's (L.A. Keller) birthday, a group of us decided to have a happy hour celebration at Spiga Cucina Italiana in north Scottsdale. This was my first time checking out their happy hour and I was very glad I did.

The happy hour menu wasn't huge but the pizza I had for $8 was awesome. It was large enough for me to have lunch and dinner the next day, although I did also have half a caesar salad with it. The special on the night we went was pepperoni and mushroom. I left off the mushrooms and it had a slight spiciness in the pepperoni. The sauce was yummy.

The caesar salad was a bit heavy on the garlic which would be my only criticism, but I see that frequently, where chefs seem to think more garlic makes the best dressing - sorry but so not true!

The rest of my party sampled the pizza, affetato (meat & cheese board) and calamari. Everyone was happy with their selections.

Service was top notch and the ambiance very good.  This is a place we will definitely be visiting in the future. For a great happy hour (and probably dinner), pricing and service I would give this four forks.

Happy dining,

Jayne

http://www.spigaaz.com/#home-section

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller