Book Review - Worthy by Catherine Ryan Hyde

I don't know why I selected this book but something about the story captured my interest. I really fought with myself to shut down the Kindle once I started reading it. I just couldn't stop. I rarely say that about any book but this one touched me.

Virginia, is a server in a diner who has fallen in love with a man who comes in with his four year old son, Buddy. Buddy has some interesting quirks, and although not stated, is possibly autistic.

The story jumps ahead after an event (which I won't mention here in order to avoid spoiling it for you) and we meet up with Virginia nineteen years later. Much has changed in her life but in many ways she is the same.  Buddy too has been through a lot over the years but he too seemed stuck in a time warp.

What happens to them and between them is a heartfelt story of loss and love, but mostly one of what happens if you trust your heart.

I would definitely recommend this book but be forewarned you may not be able to fall asleep until you turn the last page.

Happy Trails,

Leslie

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller