No Reservations - Characters by L. A. Keller

The new book, still tentatively titled No Reservations, is progressing and I hope to have it completed soon. As I write, characters may evolve or change completely. It's not unusual for me to change character names, change their looks or even their sex as I write. Many authors say that the characters drive what happens. I agree in part. Obviously I'm the one who has the final say!

For each book, I begin with the setting. Where is the story taking place? Once I've decided on the location I will outline the rest of the plot. In my mind I'll know what the overall premise of the book will be and what I expect to happen. In each of the three books, much of what I planned is changed. Perhaps that is the characters' way of guiding me or it could just be that my mind heads in a direction which I didn't expect. Occasionally, when writing dialog the character says lines which impact the scene and move the story along a different path.

In No Reservations I have a new cast of secondary characters. Of course, Jayne, Bailey, Jonas and Emmett are present. There is a killer, or maybe two and there is a dead body, or maybe two. How my protagonist(s) evolves is a surprise even to me. Watch for clues as you read and for a possible twist.

Happy Trails,
Leslie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller