Jayne's Restaurant Review - Indian Gardens Cafe & Market by L. A. Keller

As part of my commitment to exercise, which is something I dislike more than too-tight pants, I made the trek to Sedona, Arizona for a long hike.  If you haven't ventured there I highly recommend going anytime of year, but spring and fall might be my favorite.

After a ten mile hike I was hungry enough to eat fast food but luckily my friend knew of the Indian Gardens Café and Market.  On the 89A north of Sedona this out of the way spot does a thriving business. It's half market and half café with very limited seating inside and out.  You place your order at the counter and a server delivers it by shouting your name.

I ordered the pork barbeque sandwich and she had the chopped Mediterranean salad. Her salad was sizeable and came with some yummy pita triangles.  My barbeque sandwich was good but came without any side and I was really hoping for chips, at the very least.

The market has the typical tourist goods but also some lovely cheeses, fresh fruit and desserts. I would like to say the prices are good but $9.50 for only a sandwich on a basic bun didn't seem like a fantastic value. With so many options in Sedona I wouldn't put this high on my list to visit again.  Although good it might be that I was hungry enough that it could have been horrible and I would have liked it.




Happy Dining,

Jayne

Leslie's Website     Twitter     Instagram     Facebook     Menu for Murder     Cocktails at Sunset

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller