Jayne's Restaurant Review - Eataly Restaurant by L. A. Keller

I try to review restaurants in Arizona but every once in awhile I get the opportunity to dine in another city.  Always on the alert for something new and yummy, I was on the verge of gluttony in Chicago. It's a gastronomical adventure to dine in this city and the options seem unlimited.  I would love to review them all but sadly I had only a few days to sample the deliciousness.

Eataly Restaurant is a chain started by Oscar Farinetti joined by famous partners, Joe Bastianich, Lidia Bastianich and Mario Batali.  The flagship location was in Torino Italy and now there are two restaurants in New York, one in Chicago and Boston.

The concept is nothing short of stupendous.  An Italian grocery, bakery, wine shop and restaurant on two floors with regular wine tasting events. If you aren't sucked in by the beautiful wares offered the food will push you over the top. You can shop for fresh produce, gourmet cheeses and meats, fresh pasta and dessert. If you don't want to cook you can select a section of the restaurant to dine. If you want vegetarian, seafood, meats or pasta and pizza you can dine in that area of the massive dining room in which each section flows into the next.  There are multiple bars facing the open concept kitchen where you can watch your meal being prepared.

My friend and I split an arugula salad and each ordered pizza - one of my many weaknesses.  The crust was perfectly soft on the inside with the slightest char on the outside. Chewy and crisp at the same time. I had the four cheese white pizza which was more than I could eat in one meal and makes my mouth water at the memory. Despite the fact that the restaurant was packed, we were able to squeeze into bar seats and received pretty good service.

If you get a chance to eat at any one of these locations, do it. If you don't have time to dine then at least take a stroll through to absorb the sights and smells.  To the creators I say please, please, please open one in Arizona because I am truly, madly in love with this restaurant.

Remember to always drink responsibly and tip your bartender and servers.

https://www.eataly.com/us_en/stores/chicago/chicago-restaurants/



Happy Dining,

Jayne

Leslie's Website     Twitter     Instagram     Facebook     Menu for Murder     Cocktails at Sunset




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller