Jayne's Restaurant Reviews - Texas Roadhouse

I set up a happy hour/dinner for a friend's birthday. She got to pick the restaurant and I did the call ahead seating.  At the appropriate time, myself and two of my friends were seated. The hostess gave us a quizzical look when I mentioned my confirmation number but we sat at the large table set for eight and ordered a bottle of wine.  The birthday girl and her family were late.  Imagine my surprise when they called from the RIGHT restaurant to ask where we were.  Yes, we sat down at the wrong restaurant, even though there was a ten foot sign that shouted the name and it was clearly marked on the menu in front of us.  Oh well, it happens to everyone, right?

This review is for the restaurant we actually dined at - Texas Roadhouse on Happy Valley Road.  This is part of an international chain. It's basically the same model as Outback and Longhorn - casual, family friendly with reasonable prices. I had the baby back ribs, a few ordered steak, one salad and one barbeque chicken.  Dinners came with a choice of two sides.  I had green beans and a baked potato.

Service was good, the noise level expected in this type of restaurant on a Friday night and the food decent.  Would I go to this place again?  Probably not simply because the ribs and sides are better at Longhorn and there was nothing about it that stood out. Besides I had my heart set on the surf and turf offered at the wrong restaurant and when Texas didn't offer it I was disappointed. 

Remember to always tip your bartenders and servers and drink responsibly.



Happy Dining,

Jayne

Visit Leslie's website     Facebook     Twitter     Instagram


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller