Beware your conversations around authors

You should be careful when you talk on your cell phone. You should be constantly on guard when in public.  You should look around you whenever you dawdle at the gym or chit chat with your neighbor.  What evil lurks around every corner?  Authors!

It's true. Ask any author where they steal their ideas and they will tell you, if they are honest, that we snatch them from innocent bystanders.  I have created characters when standing in line at the office supply store, when at the airport, even if there is a server at a restaurant who catches my eye. I have been known to whip out my cell phone and frantically enter descriptions of what people are wearing.  Snippets that float by me on the breeze may become dialogue.  Even the contents of your grocery cart may find it's way onto my pages.

In this day of camera phones and constant communication with everyone -- except the one we're with -- it's impossible not to get swept away in the drama that happens all around us. Of course, from the writer's perspective this is fabulous.  But you have been warned.  The next time you decide to discuss the date you went on last night or your partner's annoying habits, remember someone is listening.

Happy Trails,
    
Leslie

Visit my website     Facebook     Twitter     Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller