Book Review - Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani

My advance apology that I posted my reviews of this series out of order.  This is the first book in the series which was recommended to me by my mom, who reads almost as much as I do. 

I enjoyed this book so much that I immediately read the next three in the series. Although this might still be my favorite of them all, they all provided a great escape. 

Self described spinster, Ava Maria Mulligan lives in the small Virginia town of Big Stone Gap. As a Virginia girl myself I couldn't wait to read how the author describes the town and it's inhabitants. She captured the small town feel and the way the residents all know each other (and each other's business) perfectly. The story follows the life of Ava Maria a pharmacist and how everything she thought she knew changes when she discovers her mother has kept a secret about her past.  Ava Maria sets out to discover who she really is, with the help of her friends and a new love.

I recommend this series if you would like to enjoy some light hearted story telling without any sex or violence. It's not a cozy mystery but it's not overly romantic either. I'm looking forward to catching the movie when it's available.
 
Happy Trails,

Leslie



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller