Preview - A short teaser from Cocktails at Sunset

I got carried away in my Facebook posting and didn't coordinate it correctly with my blog posts.  Even the most freakishly organized, obsessive of us might have that second glass of wine and oops. Well, that was my excuse anyway. :)

So here it is - the unedited beginning - a tease to give you a hint about the cover and what is coming up for Jayne.  Thank you all for following my blog and social media. I hope you are as excited as I am to get this next installment on the shelves.

Happy Trails,

Leslie

CHAPTER ONE

Candlelight flickered against the faded wallpaper and bathed the room in a soft glow. A dainty spindle-legged table sat in the corner of the room, set for a romantic dinner for two. Miniature screw-top bottles of blush wine stood beside chipped crystal wine glasses. Covered in foil, well-worn Wedgwood china held tonight’s special of processed turkey with instant mashed potatoes. The scent of lavender bath salts and Ben-Gay wafted through the air and strains of Frank Sinatra played softly in the background.

The door opened and two people tiptoed in, giggling as they entered the room.

“Shhh, someone will hear us and I’ll be in big trouble,” the woman whispered in the gentleman’s ear.

“Where are we, Delores?” he asked, his head shaking slightly with the tremors he recently started experiencing.

“Sammy, we’re in my room. Remember we talked about this yesterday. I’ve spent all day getting this ready for us. Now we’ll have our private dinner and then, who knows what may happen.” She giggled again, like the young girl she once was, as she took his hand and led him to a seat at the table.
“I smuggled our dinner in earlier. We have wine and I didn’t forget your favorite dessert.” Delores unscrewed the caps and poured them each a glass of wine.

Sammy and Delores slowly ate their dinner, provided courtesy of the Sunset Elderly Living Facility, savoring each bite and saving their chocolate pudding cups for last. 

Within thirty minutes of finishing their desserts, Delores and Sammy were in the throes of passion. Delores experienced an ecstasy she never remembered having with her late husband. Within the hour Sammy would be dead of an apparent heart attack while enjoying the many charms of Delores, courtesy of the little blue pill someone had slipped in their pudding cups.


ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller