Jayne's Restaurant Review - Cucina Tagliani

I've been meaning to check out this family owned restaurant for a long time and finally I found the time to enjoy dinner on a Saturday night. 

Located in a strip mall in Glendale, the restaurant has a sizeable patio which wasn't open on the night I was here due to the still chilly weather. My party was greeted immediately when we entered and despite not having a reservation we were seated promptly. There is a small bar where guitarist performed but that music was only played in the bar and not the main restaurant.

Décor was slightly dated but clean and pleasant. We were served a delicious (and addictive garlic bread) while we decided on dinner. I ordered a glass of the Banfi Chianti which wasn't the best I've ever had but was drinkable.  I ordered the wedge salad which was crisp and abundant.

For dinner my friend had eggplant parmesan and I had the chicken piccata. We both substituted penne for spaghetti. My friend enjoyed his dish but mine was over dosed in lemon. Although it was good, it wasn't great, nor worthy of a trip back.

I really wanted to love this place. Sad to say, I didn't. The wine was on the edge of bad and the food no better than Olive Garden.

I would give it only 3 forks out of 5 for service and good food for the price.

Remember to tip your bartenders and servers and always drink responsibly.

Happy dining,

Jayne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller