Moscow Mule - What's Old is New

Lately everywhere I go people are ordering a Moscow Mule. This drink has been around since the 1950's and, until recently, no one ever ordered it.  My guess is that most people haven't heard of ginger beer, let alone crave it.

Although I am a fan of ginger ale, I've never developed a taste for beer. My exception to this rule is that it must be at least 110 degrees outside, there needs to be an even hotter guy offering it to me AND there must be no other options.

The secret of a perfect Moscow Mule is that you must drink it from a copper mug. If you drink it from a plastic (red solo?) cup or even from a glass something gets lost in the flavor.

1 1/2 oz vodka
1 oz ginger beer
1 oz lime juice or the juice of a 1/2 lime - freshly squeezed juice is always better

Pour your lime juice into the bottom of the copper mug.
Add a few cubes of ice
Using a high quality vodka, pour it over the juice
Pour in the ginger beer
Garnish with a lime slice or wedge

Enjoy in the summer or winter, with friends or alone but always drink responsibly and remember to tip your bartender and server.

Cheers,

Jayne

Visit Leslie's website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller