Jayne's Restaurant Review - English Rose Tea Room

For a change of pace, and because I had been craving a nice cup of tea, I visited the English Rose Tea Room in Carefree, AZ. I hadn't been here in a very long time and I must say I didn't know what I was missing.

The cozy inside is delightfully decorated with pictures of the Queen, lovely china tea cups and the place settings were inspirational. If you don't wear your own hat, there is a trunk of options from which you may select - to further put you in the mood for the true English experience.

I ordered the Formal Afternoon Tea which included three tiers plus a pot of tea of my choosing. I couldn't resist trying the Rose Petal Tea which smelled and tasted like I was walking through an English rose garden. My tea included crunchy fresh cucumber, chicken with walnuts and smoked salmon sandwiches, scones with an addictive Devon cream and jam and a selection of bite-size desserts.

Two of my friends ordered the Cottage Pie and the soup of the day. No one left hungry and we all decided we shouldn't let so much time pass before we visit again. The service was perfect and we enjoyed a brief chat with the owner, Jo Gemmill who stopped by our table for a chat.

I would definitely give this 4 out of 5 forks for ambiance, food quality, service and pricing. A definite must to do with a couple of girlfriends.

Happy Dining,

Jayne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller