Jayne's Restaurant Review - Preston's Steakhouse

Having thoroughly enjoyed the sister restaurant, Arrowhead Grill, I corralled some friends into dining at Preston's Steakhouse in Scottsdale.

This relatively new restaurant (opened in early 2015) takes the space once occupied by Michael's of the Citadel. I'm not sure when Michael's closed but I hadn't dined there in many years. The location has an upstairs and downstairs, which in the case of Preston's, only the lower level is used. I found this to be odd but coming from a server point of view it is much easier on the staff not to have to run food and drinks up and down.

We ate in the bar on a Friday night, not quite cool enough for the patio to be open. The bar and main dining area décor was lovely, slightly dark but certainly had ambiance for a romantic dinner date. The food was as good as at Arrowhead Grill but the service was horrible. It's true that sometimes the service in the bar by a cocktail person is not on the same level as that in the dining room. I still expect that a restaurant in this price range to have experienced, competent staff.

Our server forgot one of our orders completely. Someone else's dinner was almost delivered to our table. My wine order did not arrive until after we finished dessert. Speaking of dessert, our server never advised us that we could have ordered one larger portion of the Butter Cake rather than two - an oversight that drives me crazy.

All in all, I expected this location to have its act together after being open for seven months. I might try it again but I think I might just make the drive to the west side of town first.

Happy Dining,

Jayne

Visit my website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller