Romance beats everything else

According to a survey presented by Smashwords founder, Mark Coker romance novels are the biggest sellers, beating out mysteries, historical fiction, young adult and women's literature. I've blogged before about not reading romance as my first choice, but obviously many people do.

I don't claim to be an expert on romance novels but I do know there is a wide range of selections in this genre.  There is historical romance, young adult romance, erotica, steampunk romance, current romance and many more. If you read any of the Twilight series of vampire young adult books, there is a major element of romance between the three main characters. In fact, the vampire story line is almost secondary to the romance between Bella and Edward.

As I write this post I surfed through my television channels and landed on the Hallmark channel. If there was a channel devoted to romance it is this one. Yet more proof that romance rules. It seems that we love to escape into a world where there are candlelight dinners, a handsome man dressed in a tuxedo, the perfect dress (and hair to go with it) and only sweet nothings whispered in our ears.
Okay, maybe I have been missing out!

Happy trails,

Leslie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller