Jayne's Restaurant Review - Sorso Wine Room

You know that I do like to have a sip or two of wine, every now and then, so when my friend invited me to try this wine restaurant in the Scottsdale Quarter, I was more than a little excited. Now keep in mind that the last time I was at the Scottsdale Quarter something really bad happened. If you don't know what I mean, then you'll have to read Menu for Murder to find out.

Sorso has a wine vending machine concept - yes I am serious. You decide how much you want to spend and then simply put your card in the slot and bunch a button to sample from around thirty wines. You have a choice of a sip, a taste or a pour. I really wanted the Silver Oak, but it was a bit out of this server's budget. Since they also had great happy hour prices, I opted for the $5 glass of wine.

They also have a great wine pairing menu which includes cheese and meat plates to share, delicious bruschetta, salads and sandwiches. Our food was very good and inventive. Next time maybe I'll try a sandwich just to see how it compares. We did order a cupcake for dessert to share but for me (shockingly enough) it was too sweet and a bit dry.

I would give this place 4 out of 5 stars - great happy hour deals, wonderful selection and very comfy seating.  One note - this is the place to go if you are a guy looking to meet girls because on the busy Tuesday we went by 6 PM it was 90% women - Scottsdale women - so remember to dress if you are gong to the "Quad".

Happy dining (of in this case drinking),
Jayne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller