Orange Mint Rum Fizz to Smooth Out Your Week by L. A. Keller

I love cocktails because they have multiple personalities. They can be serious, fun or downright naughty. There's no occasion in which the combination of flavors won't help set the mood.

I know that sounds like I spend all of my time drinking but I honestly don't. There are days (hours, minutes) when I don't have any adult beverage. Some of my sample recipes immediately go down the drain and others down the throat.

Here's one I haven't made but it sounds great for a Sunday brunch.

Muddle 8 large mint leaves in a cocktail shaker *
Add 1 egg white
Add 2 ounces of gold run
Add 1 ounce thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
Add 1/2 ounce of lime juice - can be fresh or not
Add 1/2 ounce of simple syrup **
Add 1/2 ounce of heavy cream
Shake for 30 seconds ***
Add ice and shake again for 30 seconds

Strain into a martini glass and top with seltzer.
Garnish with an orange slice or a twist of orange rind

* Muddle - using a muddler, if you have one, crush the leaves into a pulp.  If you do not have a muddler, you can use the back end of a spoon.

** To make simple syrup, heat equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves. Let it cool before using.

*** Shaking without the ice emulsifies the egg whites

Remember to drink responsibly.

Happy Trails,

Leslie


Twitter     Instagram     Facebook     Menu for Murder     Cocktails at Sunset

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller