Cowboy Romance by L. A. Keller

What do you think of when you think of a cowboy? As a woman, I think muscles, chaps, horses and romance. As a man, I would guess the only common thread would be the horses. 

As cowboys are on my mind, I thought it would be interesting to check Amazon to see how many romance novels have cowboys as part of the storyline.  As of right now, there are 20,000 results for "cowboy romance". At the top of the search results, Buck Me Cowboy: A Secret Baby Romance by Cassandra Dee. I couldn't have imagined a more interesting title!  Not only does the title intrigue me simply for its outlandish allure but the book has over 300 reviews. It raises the question in my mind - why am I not reading cowboy romance?

Moving on (deep sigh) from Buck Me Cowboy, the titles do not become less interesting. There is Inheriting the Virgin: A Western Cowboy Romance by Joanna Blake and Bella Love-Wins, Cowboy's Fake FiancĂ©e: A Single Dad & A Virgin Romance (Lucky Flats Ranchers Book 1 by Piper Sullivan and Branded for You (Riding Tall Book 1) by Cheyenne McCray.  Don't misunderstand, I am not poking a cattle prod at these titles or authors. The opposite is true. I've never read this specific genre but now I'm curious.

Romance has a required pattern to the writing. Our heroine and hero are brought together by some force - frequently against their wills. They have an attraction, more often than not it's physical initially. There must be conflict between the main characters. Something or someone must pull them apart.  There must be a level of passion, whether it be on the shy side or explicit (think - heaving bosoms and beyond). And ultimately there must be a happy ending. As I am a sucker for happy endings in any genre, I am going to download Buck Me Cowboy and gallop through the pages. I may hate it or I may love it. Either way I'll be sure to write a review and include it in a future post.







Happy Trails,

Leslie


Twitter     Instagram     Facebook     Menu for Murder     Cocktails at Sunset

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller