Jayne's Restaurant Review - Nick's Laguna Beach by L. A. Keller

If you live in middle to southern Arizona you try to escape the extreme summer heat. If you are lucky you drive to the beaches of Mexico or California.  This year, as part of Leslie's research for another book, I spent a few days in Laguna Beach. Tough job but someone had to do it!

If you tell almost anyone in Arizona you are going to the beach they will have recommendations. We were loaded with places to eat, where to have cocktails to watch the sunset and great shops. I'm going to discuss the dining options because, after all that is my main focus in life.

I made reservations two weeks in advance for Nick's Laguna Beach. We checked it out the day before and I was surprised to find it appeared casual and small. They have a nice patio area which overlooks the street but wasn't too loud. There is a parking garage behind the restaurant but we were fortunate to find a metered spot a block down.  Plan to have a credit card or lots of quarters if you street park.

I ordered the Baby Back Pork Ribs served with French Fries and they really were fall off the bone, lick your fingers good.  It was a stressful decision because they also offered Buttermilk Fried Chicken  (boneless) with mashed potatoes and a biscuit - pure heaven I'm sure. My friends ordered the Pan Seared Scottish Salmon and Grilled Steakhouse Salad.  If we had more time and fewer restaurants to sample I would have been back to Nick's for breakfast and lunch, or another dinner.

Dessert was brought out as pre-ordered for my friend's birthday - a heart stopping warm butter cake. I think it's acceptable to lick the plate!

Scrumptious food is key but without excellent service it lacks the finishing touch. Nick's went above and beyond in this department as well. Our server was excellent and knowledgeable. Not one but two of the managers stopped by the table to ask how everything was and to make us feel welcome.

I may have dreams about this place until I have a chance to go back. I'm so sad that I didn't get to taste that buttermilk chicken.

Remember to always tip your servers and bartenders and drink responsibly.

http://nicksrestaurants.com/nicks-laguna-beach/





Happy Dining,

Jayne

Leslie's Website     Twitter     Instagram     Facebook     Menu for Murder     Cocktails at Sunset

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller