Featured good works: H.A.L.O. Animal Rescue by L. A. Keller

This month I am featuring another non-profit that does good work.

H.A.L.O. stands for Helping Animals Live On and is a no kill animal rescue shelter. I first joined this organization several years ago because I felt the need to give something back to my community and to help care for the many homeless animals we have in Arizona.  As a person who has rescued and lived with a number of cats, I know how much joy an animal brings to your life. Adopting a pet gives a second chance to one in desperate need. I firmly believe that pet also knows the opportunity and gives love back tenfold.

According to H.A.L.O.'s website more than 50,000 animals enter shelters in Arizona each year. It is a monumental task to rescue, rehabilitate and find homes for these animals. In 2016 H.A.L.O.took in 8241 dogs and cats and adopted 8062. Some animals were too sick to be adopted but most found new homes and loving families.

H.A.L.O. recently moved to a new headquarters at 32nd Street and Bell Road in Phoenix.  There you can visit with the many animals ready for adoption.  You can also find a new family member at one of the many events they hold regularly or at one of their placement centers, such as a Petsmart near you.

Find more information, make a tax deductible donation or volunteer at http://www.halorescue.org/

Here are a few of my rescues past and present. I admit they are a bit spoiled.










Happy Trails,

Leslie

Leslie's Website     Twitter     Instagram     Facebook     Menu for Murder     Cocktails at Sunset

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller