Where does Jayne go next?

When I wrote the first book in the Jayne Stanford series, I had several books plotted out in my head. I was certain what would happen in book two (that changed) and what I wanted to write for books three and four. What is that saying about the best laid plans?

Right after releasing the first book I broke my wrist and, not only was my writing delayed significantly, but I decided book two would send Jayne to Napa.  That didn't happen.

I have always wanted to wrap the old western feel of Cave Creek, Arizona into the series and somewhere towards the end of the first book my favorite saloon burned down.  That event was supposed to be in book two - nope, didn't happen.

A month after releasing the second book I spent a laugh-until-you-cry trip in Colorado with my good friend, Lauren. Lauren was unknowingly inspiration for the second book based on her lovely boy Tomas who she takes to spend time visiting the elderly at an assisted living facility. As we trudged through the snow on snowshoes (seriously I still can't believe I did that), I could picture Jayne finding a frozen victim.  Will this be book three?

My private commitment was to take Jayne into the world of bull riding on the local circuit. I couldn't wait to start my research would which require some evenings spent observing the live action and maybe, ahem, interviewing some of the cowboys who risk life and limb to ride to the bell. Okay, maybe I just enjoy watching cowboys in general but I planned to gain some actual insight from their perspective.  I am still drawn to this idea, however, I'm not sure that this 'sport' is in the interest of the animal and, as such, I don't know that I want to promote it in one of my books. I guess time will tell.

What do you think Jayne should do next?  Should she travel to Napa to learn wine making?  Take a trip to Colorado to learn how to ski?  Volunteer at a homeless shelter to help those less fortunate?  Whatever she does, I am committed to ensuring she does something that benefits others. Of course, solving a murder is always a good thing!

Happy Trails,

Leslie

Visit my website     Facebook     Twitter     Instagram




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller