Book Review - Crazy Little Thing (A Bell Harbor Novel) by Tracy Brogan

I don't know what motivated me to download this romance but I'm glad I did. I am jealous of Ms. Brogan's creative flare with words and her characters that made me like them. It is no wonder that she is a three-time nominee of the Romance Writers of America RITA award for her debut novel, Crazy Little Thing, for The Best Medicine and Love Me Sweet.

Sadie Turner's husband has decided he wants a divorce. He's been having an affair (several over the years much to Sadie's shock) and now she's left to pick up the pieces of her life.  Ready for a change over the summer, she goes to stay with her slightly nutty aunt at the beach. To Sadie's surprise, she and her young children are staying with her two grown male cousins - who add a bit of zing to the story.

As befitting this genre, there is of course a love interest which blooms. More than that I loved how Sadie herself blooms over the course of the story.

Here are a few of the phrases I marked:

'Oh relax, spazmotron.'

This paragraph made me laugh out loud at the imagery:

'An hour later I settled into a folding chair at Madame Margaret's Boutique. Mystic baubles and Wiccan whatnots adorned dusty glass shelves. The scent of lavender and kitty litter wafted faintly through the air, and clinky, plinky Eastern music played softly. What the hell was I doing here?'

I especially loved this flow on page 330 where Sadie says:

'My heart went pop, pop, sparkle, sparkle, shimmer, shimmer, sigh...'

If you can't remember ever experiencing that when you are first attracted to someone then you have definitely missed out.

Again, she describes the character's emotions in a manner which made me laugh.

'The thrill of emotions he stirred were almost cartoonish, all zing and zip and zoinks. It was fun pretending her was the Bionic Man with the Senstivity Chip Upgrade."

I would definitely recommend picking up this book, even if you don't read romance. It was fun and well-written.



Happy Trails,

Leslie

Visit my website
Twitter          Instagram          Facebook          Menu for Murder   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller