Lost and Found - Lucky aka Gizmo

I wanted to share the story of "Lucky".  I had been feeding this little guy on our back porch for almost two weeks before I could catch him. I literally spent hours trying to find his family. I posted flyers, searched the internet and posted his pictures on every lost pet website I could find. I met a few of my neighbors and made some new friends in Arizona in the process.

Finally, on the day before I was going to give him to a wonderful woman who offered to take him, his family found me. They had been out of town and he escaped through a loose window screen.  Bad kitty.

At any rate, Lucky (aptly named by me because he picked the right house to mooch off), also known as Gizmo, went home - only to return the next night for another stay at Hotel Keller. He was returned again and his family found and blocked his escape route.  I'm so glad that he didn't come into contact with a coyote on his travels. We fell in love with his sweet personality and almost kept him except that we were outvoted by the current two who decided a third cat was one too many.

This experience really opened my eyes to the many lost pets in Arizona. It breaks my heart for those who have lost their beloved animals and it warms it to see how many people there are out there offering shelter for the ones who have been found. Support your local animal shelter and rescue groups, as they do so much good work.

Update to this post - Lucky is once again back in our care until we can find him a permanent home. He wants to live here but so far my current two rescues are not on board with the idea. It seems his "family" really didn't care if he stayed or went and so he went - right back to his room here.






Happy Trails,

Leslie

Visit my website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller