Jayne's Restaurant Reviews - Eddie V's

As chance would have it I dined at Eddie V's twice in a short period of time. Once in San Diego for a full dinner and once in Scottsdale for happy hour. Both experiences were delectable. I hadn't been to this restaurant in a very long time.  In fact, it's been so long I couldn't remember anything about it.

The Scottsdale restaurant moved from it's old location at DC Ranch to the newer and more popular Scottsdale Quarter. If you read, L.A. Keller's account of my life in Menu for Murder, you will know that the Quad as it's now referred to, brings back unhappy memories of a murder. In general I try my hardest to find street parking, or if I've had a great week, I will valet. No chance of being caught on the top floor of the garage running for my life!

The restaurant has subdued lighting, lots of nice bar seating and live music.

I started with the Crab and Corn Chowder which was delicious. Creamy and hot it was a fabulous combination. I then had the Iceberg BLT but asked for it chopped. There is something about iceberg lettuce, bacon and blue cheese that makes my tongue dance.

For dinner I shared the Chilean Sea Bass served with a light soy broth and George's Bank Scallops. The scallops melted in my mouth but the Sea Bass was amazing. We split the sautéed spinach and because I was craving them, the parmesan and chive French fries.

Now if that wasn't amazing enough (topped with a couple of glasses of wine from their vast selection), we had the bananas foster for dessert. YUMMMMMMMM

All of that wonderful food would be nothing without the superb service we received. Our server was funny and attentive. The manager stopped by our table to make sure everything was good. They moved us to the bar so we could listen to the band (in the San Diego experience) and served our dessert there.  Not only was the experience perfect but they called my cell phone the next day to ask about our experience. Now that is fine dining!

I would highly recommend Eddie V's for a special occasion or even just to have happy hour with some appetizers and listen to good music. I would give this five out of five forks.  Don't forget to take care of your server and bartender.

Happy Dining,

Jayne

Visit Leslie's website







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller