Book Review - Invisible (Ivy Malone Mystery Series #1)

Invisible is the first book by Lorena McCourtney in the Ivy Malone series.  This is a light hearted look at solving crimes from a different perspective. Ivy Malone is a senior citizen who has discovered that due to her age, people ignore her as if she were invisible.

When gravestones are vandalized in the local cemetery Ivy sets out to discover the culprit.

There are several mysteries happening at the same time. First there is the odd tenant, Kendra who lives in her friend Thea's house. Then Thea is found dead. Ivy teams up with her friend Magnolia who thinks she feels "vibrations" about people.

Ivy decides to hold a stakeout at the cemetery to find out who is disturbing the grave sites. While waiting she hears someone dump something in the water nearby. Later a body is discovered which was in the water. Could it be Kendra?

I don't want to give away the mystery but I felt that the plot dragged on a bit more than it had to. Apparently I am alone in this impression because the novel has more than one thousand reviews on Amazon with four stars. I like the idea of a mystery featuring a senior citizen who has spunk. I will read the next installment in the series to see if I grabs my attention a bit more.

Happy trails,

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller